Common Myths About Our Bodies
How many times have you heard “if you want your hair to grow longer you have to cut your ends”? Well, the truth is if you want long hair, cutting it more often won’t make it grow faster.
We lose about 150 to 200 hairs a day. Luckily, most people grow about 200 hairs a day, so they replace their loss. Once people stop replacing these hairs, baldness or thinning can happen. Some people have weaker hair, which makes it fall out earlier and leaves them with shorter hair in general. Cutting your hair will make it seem like it is coming back faster, but in truth it is growing at the same rate.
Here are some other common Myths about our bodies
- You can tell the gender of the baby by the way the mom carries the child
- Reading in the dark will ruin your eyes
- If you swallow your gum, it’ll take 7 years to digest
- Cracking your knuckles causes arthritis
- To get rid of hiccups, have someone scare you